Sunday, October 31, 2010
Prejudice
My dad is actually more prejudice than I am. My dad is mostly racist against blacks. Most of the racism could be blamed on the way he was raised which involved a lot of prejudice against blacks, but not all of it. I had a black friend (several actually) in elementary school, but one was my neighbor and we were in the same class. My dad would curse at him if he ever saw me near him, so we never really stayed in touch. My dad's a little better now, but I still remember it. I always promise myself to do my best to keep an open mind and heart and never judge people based on what I see. It's important because most of my first impressions always prove me dead wrong and I end up really enjoying the company of those I take caution against.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment