Saturday, October 9, 2010

How People Retain Information

We retain:
     10% of what we read
     20% of what we hear
     30% of what we see
     50% of what we hear and see
     70% of what we say
     90% of what we say and do

Well, this gives a very demonstrative way of retaining information, and I feel this can help me learn how to retain information better by switching around how I study. I usually help myself remember things by saying aloud the information in a way I can understand, or sometimes even drawing pictures to help me remember certain things, and apparently the "saying" part has helped me. The "doing" part is something I never would have thought of. I guess this means to actively participate in the classroom or physically do something to help out with studies. I think this proves that lectures in history class are much better than reading the text book!

No comments:

Post a Comment