Sunday, October 31, 2010

Addictions

Well, I know for a fact that I am usually addicted to the Internet. It's hard to explain, because once you've seen everything you need (or want) to, you just have to keep going back thinking there's more. And there usually is, but that's not the point. The first thing I do in the morning is get on my computer, and it's the last thing I do before I go to bed. Addictions are hard to explain because you honestly don't think you have a problem. You don't think it's necessarily good for you, but not bad or harmful for anyone else.

Once, about a year and a half ago, our Internet went out. We got it back on, but it only worked on our main computer, and I was only allowed on the main computer for school reasons. Those first weeks, I would obsess over how to sneak on the Internet, such as setting my alarm clock for 3 am, and wait until my parents would leave before rushing to the computer. After a while, I didn't care as much. It stayed that way for about 6 months, and we got someone to fix the internet for us. So, now I'm doing it all over again. -sigh-

So much for all that time away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment