I just read a biography of Johnny Depp not too long ago. It gave a detailed summary of how Depp came into the movie busniess and his life before it. It was very touching because I found out he self-mutilated himself because of depression caused by family troubles and insecurity. I connected with that personally because I also used to suffer very much from the same thing, and my sister even more so. It made me sympathize with that story, because most people wouldn't understand why someone harms themselves. You'd have to be in their shoes to understand completely that the heart is not as logical as the mind.
Anyway, it went on to describe how he was extremely independent with the roles he wanted to take, which I find inspirational. He wouldn't accept a role or title that was forced on him, no matter the money involved (at the time he wasn't in a great business of film-making, so...) which should be a lesson for us all, that money is not worth sacrificing our morals and ideas for.
I thought the story was inspirational and touching, and I can learn and relate from this story and the writing.
No comments:
Post a Comment