Throughout my life -- and everyone else's, I think-- college is supposed to be one big party where everyone participates in the fraternities and hazing, having the good old life. I tend to roll my eyes at things like this. Though it's turned out to be true, I just see it as the half of college-life I won't participate in, because I'm here to get the education.
Education is big in my family, so it was never a matter of if I went to college. I prepared as much as I could, put my summer off so that I could get a job to pay for it, and continue to work to pay for it in the future. College means taking the last step of the "learning stage" even though we never really stop learning, and it means moving forward. For some, that step ended with high school. That step ends for me when I leave campus for the last time.
As for experiences I want to have in college... I think just getting through it without failing will be enough triumph for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment